From: Bill Carpenter
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 8:52 PM
Subject: TR7 Mike Gain

I love my TR7 SN 7398 and use it quite a bit.  I replaced the muddy sounding cartridge in the 7077 mike with a Heil HC-5 element and reports on audio quality are much better now.  I was surprised that the output of the mike did not improve.  I still need to run the mike gain at about 3 o’clock to light the ALC led and get full output on SSB.  Since the HC-5 is low impedance I wired it through the transformer in the 7077 so it would match the stock high impedance input of the TR7.  Is it possible to wire the mike a different way to increase output?  I have heard that later TR7 models have a second low impendence mike input and maybe that would solve my mike gain problem?

Thanks and 73,

Bill NZ0T