Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Jim -

That diode is used to switch the calibrator in and out.

It "can" cause a problem, especially on the higher bands, if it fails shorted. IF it fails shorted, it puts a .001 uF capacitor to ground at the input of the High Pass Filter on the input side of the PA Driver stage. Kinda tends to "roll off" the RF output of the transmitter on the higher bands.

If it happens to fail "open", no big deal, the calibrator, which you probably haven't used anyway tends to be a little weak.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Jim DiMauro wrote:

"Jim DiMauro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
Hi All:

As some of you may recall, I solved my AM filter problem last week, but then
I found a bad CR1402 PIN diode (one of the two low power diodes that looks
like a two-ledgged transistor, mounted on the front HPF board).  I had
tested the other PIN doides and found all of them to be OK.

The odd thing is that I had no clue that I had a bad diode.