To: "Harry KC9GRV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Drakelist" <drakelist@www.zerobeat.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [drakelist] Transmit/Receive switch ...New member

Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
Harry -

Figures.... The T-4X works just the opposite. It has relay contacts that close to enable the receiver and open to disable the receiver.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to change this in the transmitter since this set of contacts is wired to do other things at the same time. This is a straight contact closure, so no voltage available. Depending upon what voltage is available at the JRC mute contacts it might be possible to build a small transistor driver to "invert" the Mute control.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake C-Line Service Manual
<http://hr99.home.mindspring.com/R-4C_Servicez/>

Harry KC9GRV wrote:

"Harry KC9GRV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
Hello group,

First I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Harry and I got upgraded to Extra
from my Tech license I first received in October 2004.

This is after 40 some years of procrastination.
I started in the hobby by taking a Novice class at Allied radio when they were still in Chicago in the early 60's

But do to several things I never got to take the novice exam.
I had the case of finding a bad elmer. Long story.

I will soon be the proud owner of a TX4.
I have a JRC NRD525 receiver which I love.

In looking through the online manual I see the TX4
has a plug to switch off the receiver.

My JRC has a plug that will mute the receiver.

My question:
What do I need to use these two features together.

The jack on the JRC is an RCA plug that when the two wires are connected a relay clicks and the radio goes silent.

I do not know how the TX4 works.

Thanks in advance.
73,

Harry G. Osoff
KC9GRV
Grid Square EN50uc
Champaign, Illinois
Lat & Long 40.106564 N  88.283856 W
FP#-1065          NAQCC#-0211  QRP-l#-2604