Richard Loken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> if it is possible i need the brand of the tubes.
> the manual says that tubes are 6ba6 6ej7 6be6 6ej7 6ba6 6ej7.
> but no word of the brand..

The brand is not important except for the 6JB6 finals and even there you
have some flexibility.

A design that depends on certain brand of tube says some rather unkind things
about the designer.  In the case of Bob Drake there was a quote to the effect
that he only used a dozen parts to build his designs but he knew how to use
those parts very well.

I am a bigot and a chauvenist.  I don't think that Drake equipoment is as
good as Collins, I think it is better than Collins.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS  : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn