    -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
    *Von:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *Im Auftrag von *Eric Webner
    *Gesendet:* Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005 04:52
    *An:* drakelist@www.zerobeat.net
    *Betreff:* Re: [drakelist] R-4C filters

Hi there,
My two cents worth: if SSB sounds great with a 2.1 kHz filter in
the second IF (and it does!), then a 1st IF filter that is just as
tight would be fine, also. Personally, I would like a 4 kHz
filter. It would be too small a bandwidth for AM, but my interest
is mostly SSB and CW. The idea here is to keep out strong adjacent
signals so that the rest of the radio doesn't overload.
One of Sherwood Engineering's mods that I like is the one with the
filters and relays so that not only are different filters switched
in/out for the second IF, but also for the 1st IF.
I should qualify this by saying that I don't have these mods in my
R-4C, but I am sure dreaming about it!!!
73,
Eric KA8FAN

*/Jim W7RY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

Jim W7RY made an utterance to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- I would take a look at the Sherwood engineering site. http://www.sherweng.com/filters.htm#drake-r4c They specialize in Drake filters and modification kits. I have EVERY Sherwood Engineering modification installed in my R4C.

        73
        Jim W7RY

At 06:35 PM 5/14/2005, n7ioh wrote:

        >n7ioh made an utterance to the drakelist gang
        > I am looking at buying some filters to improve my R-4C late
        serial
        > number. From what I have read the first thing I should do is
        to replace
        > the stock 1st IF filter with the Inrad 8kc 8 pole filter. I
        notice that
        > they also offer a 6kc filter. ! I would assume that the 6kc
        filter would
        > not be a good choice SSB and AM use, am I wrong here? Second
        I am
        > looking at buying the Inrad 2nd IF 6kc AM filter and MAYBE
        their 2.1kc
        > SSB filter. I don't operate CW so that is not a concern and
        I already
        > have one CW filter. I would like to hear from those who have
        used these
        > filters and get some feedback.
        > Thanks, Al, N7IOH
        drakelist in body
        >Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of
        message
        >Zerobeat Web Page: http://www.zerobeat.net
        >Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/
        drakelist in body
        Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of
        message
        Zerobeat Web Page: http://www.zerobeat.net
        Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/

    Yahoo! Mail Mobile