I finally got around to aligning my R7A.  However, it appears that there is a step missing from the alignment instructions in the R7 service manual.

Specifically, the instructions for aligning the IF gain and S meter start off in step 3-10 a):  "Adjust AGC bias pot (R1127) fully clockwise."

Yet no where in subsequent instructions does it describe resetting the R1127 pot to its correct position.  In other words, if you follow the alignment instructions verbatim, you will leave R1127 in its full clockwise position.

Anyone out there know what the missing step is to correctly set R1127?  Thanks in advance.

Lee WB6SSW