Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: [drakelist] R4C agc problem

Bob:
I agree with Mark about the AGC issue you have described.  The audio will have a somewhat distorted sound at times when in the fast AGC position.  Slowing the AGC release time down just a bit will resolve that issue.  I personally never use the Fast AGC position. I have owned many Drake receivers over the years and have found this to be common. I doubt you really have a problem.

73, Don / WA9TGT