"Dick Harms PA2DW" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang

Hi all,

I am using the L75 for some time now and since recently I have this strange
smell when I run the PA for a while at max power. My wife then says "have
you started smoking cigars again, you promised not too yaghhh!" And yes it
smells like a mixture of burned resistors and "cigars". Something has to be
done about it hi!
The problem is, I CANNOT locate where it comes from! Has anyone ever seen
(smelt...) this before? I recall have seen a message related to a L7?

There is something strange that I notice along. If I run the L75 on my
dummy-load, it runs fine and no smell at all. Also the "fan" turns on much
later then if I run it on the antenna, so obviously smoothing becomes less
hot.
The SWR is the same though and the plate-current is same too.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

73, Dick/PA2DW