[EMAIL PROTECTED] made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Hi all,

I found the problem of the burning smell and the clue is surprising but
actually to be expected...

After carefull examination of the L75, I concluded the smell did NOT come
from it. Then I suspected the tuner, the MN2700 but also no typical odour
coming from there.... During reassembling the setup I coincidently checked
the cable between the L75 and the tuner and that was it! I was using  a
RG58 cable with BNC connectors and adaptors from PL to BNC, thinking that
should do on HF. Well I can assure you folks, IT DOESN'T hi!!
I now use a piece of Ecoflex 10 and two PL-plugs and I have a fresh odour
in the shack :)

Many thanks for all suggestions, 73 Dick PA2DW