"Jim Pruitt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Hello everyone.

I just purchased the pc boards from FAR for Scott Prather's TR7 mods that
appeared in summer 92 Communications Quarterly and in KB9AT's book "A Family
Affair: The RL Drake Story" and am finding that the MA4P4002D pin diode is
not obtainable.  Richardson electronics has a few MA4P4002B-042 but it does
not have the power dissipation of the "D" version and I want to run Rtty.
Would anyone have one of those pin diodes they would be willing to part
with?

I know that there was some discussion on this list or the Elecraft list that
suggested using the 1N4007 diode but Scott indicated that he did not think
that would work that well.  I asked about the MA4P1200 that
DownEastMicrowave.com sells but Scott thought the recovery time was not good
enough.  The MA4P4002B-042 will work but may not handle the power needed.

Also, I am trying to find the Magnecraft W104MIP42 reed relay for the qsk
board.  I found 3 places that have them.  2 places want $60 each and the
other wants $40.  Does anyone have one of these relays they would be willing
to part with at a reasonable price?

As a side note, I thought the Aromat RSD12 spdt reed relay for the front end
board would be easy to find but I was wrong.  I found that they have also
been discontined.  Rich Measures AG6K bought a bunch of them when Aromat
informed him that the relay was being discontinued so he has those for sale
at around $10 each but that was the only source that I have found so far.

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt, WA7DUY