Craig Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Here's a handy household hint from a guy who's not afraid to admit his sloth-like problem-solving abilities. (That would be me).

Since acquired the radio a few weeks ago, I had been plagued with RF in my TR-7's transmitted audio on 20 meters. Since my antennas for that band a very close to the shack (right overhead), I figured that was the source of the problem. I built a line isolation choke for the coax feedline, but the problem remained. Then, on the Heil Sound website, I read that many mikes are prone to RF pickup through their floating mike connectors. A minor mike plug rewiring was suggested. I performed the mod, but still the problem remained. Then, late last night, I got a "clean" report. How could this be? What had changed?
Well, what had changed was taht

G3SJJ wrote:

"G3SJJ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
I am currently renovating a 4B Line and would like to reduce the length of
the power cable from the AC4 psu and also replace the short speaker cable.
The female phono is corroded. How do I remove the cover from the plug? I can
see a pin that appears to go through the plug but I am not sure if it is
possible to tap this through.

Chris G3SJJ