Ron Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
"/Cw RIT" will run close to $1000. Way overpriced for what it is, but they just didn't make that many of them. Unfortunately, RIT is just about a necessity for CW operation today, since so many use very narrow filters and don't know how to tune around with their transceivers looking for signals! Just in case you're thinking of adding RIT to a TR-4CW, that's not very simple either. The PTO in the "RIT" model has an RIT input, but none of the other 4 Series do. The 'RIT' PTO is the same as used in the TR-7.

There is an article from June 66 QST for RIT on the TR3. I put it on my TR3 with very little effort. I took it off when I sold it. I used the remote VFO connector for several of my connections. I did not follow the article exactly. I do not know how much RIT it gave me, but it did work well or SSB.

Basically it put a varactor diode on the PTO tube. I think the newer Drake PTOs have a "lug" for use with RTTY which could be used for the RIT function connection. All this is on memory, and mine is not like it was at one time. Any way have a look at the Drake museum, I think the article is there. If not, I think I still have a copy and can get it scanned.

73,
Ron