boys and girls...

It seemed a good buy, so last week I got a rather nice looking TR-3.. but she don't work...

here's the poop..

receives like mad on all bands...

but there's no tx.. and I mean no tx... no clicks buzzes or whistles...

Here's what I know

1. in the "CW-X" position the transmitter does not key up (yup! don't have a plug in the key jack)
with a key plugged in to the cw jack, still nothing

but there's more!

if you "detune" the front end, the t/r relay snaps in and you get zip RF output. Infact, you can't hear the low level rf in another receiver, so there's really no rf being produced

2. On receive, if you turn up the "xmit gain" all the way, the receiver starts to hear a "whistle"

3. I don't have a tube tester worth a hoot, and very little spares to try, so will be ordering in some tubes. Besides all of them, what would be a good start to replace?

4. I kinda of already suspect the "vox/antivox" circuit

5. If you go to "cw-x" and turn down the volume, you get t/r function, but no rf

Mike...

Mike, WB8VGE

SunLight Energy Systems

The Heathkit Shop