  From: Karl Corder
  To: drakelist
  Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 9:55 PM
  Subject: [drakelist] Microphone plug for a T4X or TR4

  Where do you get a three wire plug ,I believe the diameter is 3/8 inch,
  it is definitely not 1/4 inch for a microphone to be used on a T4x or TR4?
  Also, what type of cable do you use? and where do you get that? I
  would really appreciate any information in this regard. I have been only
working
  CW and decided to try phone, when making a cable from a CEI Speech
  compresser to either a T4X or a TR4 became an awaking when I came
  to try and get a three wire 3/8 inch plug. I could not find one at Radio
Shack.
  I did find one in my junk box but it is in poor shape and is extremely
difficult to
  connect the wires to especially the shield, then the strain relief is for a
much
  larger cable than I started to use. The cable I started using is a small dia
cable
  not like the rubber cable you see on a microphne cord. Thank you very much
  WA2OVJ Karl Corder, Penfield, NY. [EMAIL PROTECTED]