I've operated the 7 Line for going on 25 years.  As much as I love the rig, I
have always thought that the VFO knob was on the small side and the finger
hole too shallow, especially to get full use of the RV75's variable rate tuning,

Tyco/Alcoswitch makes a machined aluminum knob virtually identical to the 7
Line's original knob, their part number KN1751BS1/4.  This knob is five times
heavier than the original Drake knob, giving a flywheel effect that is
definitely an improvement.  However this knob has gotten to be expensive, over
$30 at
Mouser, and the finger hole is too shallow for my finger.

I think I may have found an even better solution than the Alco knob.  I
recently ordered from Surplus Sales of Nebraska the VFO knob for the Collins
KWM-380 ($18/ea new).  It's bigger than the original 7 Line knob, much bigger.
And
I no longer have 1 kHz analog markings on the old knob's skirt.  But the extra
diameter is just what I was looking for and the finger hole is nice and deep.
 The color of the Collins knob is great match to the 7 Line's color, too.
Here's a link to a picture of knob on the 7 Line:

http://www.members.aol.com/leecraner/Knob.jpg

In order to retain the analog dial tracking without the Drake knob skirt, I
had to add a 3/8" (ID) O ring behind the new knob:

http://www.members.aol.com/leecraner/Oring.jpg

I recognize that modifying a rig, especially a venerable one such as the TR7,
is not for everyone.  However, for my old fingers, the new knob is a definite
improvement.

73
Lee WB6SSW