Tom Swisher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Jul 8, 2008, at 7:12 PM7/8/08, Jim Gerke wrote:

Sure enough, the description does say "Steel Type 4140 Hardened Alloy Steel." Further down, it says "Rockwell Hardness Minimum C40." These screws are obviously for some special, probably military or space, application.

The closest thing they have that is reasonably priced is the phillips head version for which I paid $5.28 for a box of 100.

And the Phillips head version wins by quantity 99!!!

Personally, I'll go with the Phillips version. While a straight-head screw is original, I'm not too concerned about that for a rig I use every day; as long as the cover stays on and the screw looks reasonably correct, I'm a happy camper.

Tom WA8PYR