From: Garey Barrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 August 2008 21:19
To: John Stringer
Cc: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] TR7A Knobs

John -

The DO just pull off.  No hidden tricks.  I use a couple of thicknesses
of cardboard over the bottom trim strip as a fulcrum for a screwdriver
blade.  The trick is to pry slowly and under control.  The cardboard is
to spread out the force against the aluminum trim strip so as not to
damage it.

Another old time trick is to work the edge of a handkerchief behind the
knob and gather in such a way as to give you a bigger "handle" to pull on.

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line & TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>