I have been off the air for awhile and I am trying to resurrect my TR-4C/RV-4C from storage. My brother had used the rig up until several years ago and it was working fine then.

I am having two main issues with the equipment, and I believe they are related to the VOX and Relay control circuits.

X-CW or closing the key will only put the rig into transmit with the volume all the way down and if not at full power, otherwise you can hear the sidetone, but won't switch into transmit, or if I turn either RF Gain up or XMTR Gain up to full power, it switches back out. I have tried many of the suggestions I have found on this list. Replaced the 6EV7 tube, cleaned the relay (VOX is full counter-clockwise and Antivox is full clockwise). At this point I am stumped.

I can key the PTT switch and put it into transmit (6EV7 replacement actually got the PTT to work, was not working prior to that), but there is no output (showing on the power meter or on my MN-2000 Wattmeter). I have verified the mike is functional as I can adjust the VOX/Antivox pots and reliably key the transmitter by speaking into the mike, just nothing going to the finals.

Any help appreciated,
Loren