No Lee, none of us ever seem to learn. Just figure its in your genes somewhere to rescue one of the beloved from the ashes behold the original joy of the soft glow of the valves.
David
Wd9cmd

----- Original Message ----- From: "LEE BAHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "drakelist" <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] TR-4C

Well, I never learn. I saw a TR-4C with a nice front panel, no cabinet screws, missing one small knob, no relay, burned out 1/2 watt resistor on relay board, missing 7 small tubes, missing two crystals, and no pilot lamps just loose lamp sockets. I also was told the multi section can electrolytic on the radio is bad. Lots of dirt and dust but no corrosion. No idea if it needs more work besides cleaning, lubricating, and alignment. Who know what shape the finals are in.

BUT, I had to have it. It was sitting on my local ham dealer's work bench for years. (Oh, I'm sure the blue dial lenses are washed out too). It has no noise blanker. I picked it up for a fair price if you figure the parts value. If you figure what I have to put into it, maybe $100 if I have no unexpected suprises without counting my labor, I figure I could maybe sell it working for around $50 under my actual parts cost. That is, if the finals still work and the filters are good. Otherwise it could swallow up another $200 to $250. What a deal. It had to be rescued. Was I wrong? Was I bad? Whats the matter with me?

Now I need to buy a MS-4 and AC-4 and then rebuild the AC-4 too! I must be sick!

Lee, w0vt