Good Morning All:

Regarding my TR7:

It has AC on the carrier in CW mode. It looks to have original caps in the PS7 and I just havent gotten around to replacing them. I have also noted taht the rx signal has a "scratchineess" on it ..especially when using the narrower filters. It isn't audio hum..in fact there is no evidence of any hum in the audio--but it is identical to the signal I here from the TX when monitored on another rig.

So yesterday, i temporarily added 10,000mFd cap to the system in the PS7 thinking it might get me by until I can order the big caps. It made zero detectable difference. Now I'm wondering if there is anything else that could do this. Filters on the PS board in the TR perhaps?

A second issue is that I notice the pilot lights dimming when keying and an associated slight chirp in the sidetone..although there is no detectable chirp on the RF signal. I'm not really concerned about the lights but I read the article about adding the low current feed lines to the DC cable and it said something about copupling the voltage variation into the audio circuits. WIll the low current isolation alter the chirpy sidetone?

Thanks

Curt
KU8L