George -

'Exercise' the slide switch on the left side of the radio, and make sure it is left in the 'TCVR' position. This is the most likely cause of what you are seeing.

Other possible causes are relay contacts, 'fuse' bulb in the receiver antenna circuit, associated wiring, or last and much less likely, a fried input coil on T9.

Looks like the clock back-up battery in your computer has died too!  :-)

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

K4GM- George wrote:
Just got home from Dayton with a TR4CW/rit. Hooked it up and find that the transmitter will put out 150w on cw. All controls seem to act correctly. SO I think I am OK on the transmitter side. The receiver needs some work. I can hear signals but the s meter does not react. The calibrator moves the s meter to S9. Keying my K3 kicks the s meter to 20 over. Signals which are S9 on my K3 are just readable on the TR4CW w/o any s meter action. I plan to DeOx first and then proceed from the antenna relay looking for trouble. But before I go through the usual suspects, does anyone know if there is a frequent "violator" typically causing these symptoms? Although I have experience troubleshooting the Drake C line, this is the first time I have dealt with a Drake transceiver. All help appreciated.

George K4GM