Richard -

I'm sorry. Didn't mean to 'attack' like that. This TR-4C that we've been working on for about 500 messages has about gotten on my last nerve! :-) I just KNOW it's going to be something silly that I missed 487 messages back.

Even after all that yesterday, I still didn't remember until last night, "Do you hear the relay click?" when you switch to tune. And "Do you see IDLE current?"

If it still has one of those "Varley" British made relays, most likely an open relay coil, probably made by Lucas! :-)

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Richard Tucker wrote:
Sorry Garey. I guess I assumed that it would be asssumed by those on the list that the PS was plugged in and the T4XC was switched on.
PS plugged in
Mode switch to SSB
All knobs set up for 40cw
It turns on with a "thunk"
AC4 has recent Heathkit shop kit installed and worked when last used.
All tubes light up
transcieve switch works as it should including switching of dial lights.
All pilot lights are lit up
no meter movement
will not spot
will not key on cw.
It does not do anything in any switch position except turn on
I checked and rechecked all cables and hookup detail.  Checked for bad
connections with RCA plugs.
I am familiar with using the Drake R4 line from many years of use but a little brain dead from setting in 100 deg wx watching grandsons baseball games. Tommorrow AM I will take it out of the case and double check that all tubes are light and unplug and plug athem. I will deoxit the mode switch. Thank you.

Rick
W0RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Garey Barrell" <k4...@mindspring.com>