Many years ago, I used a multi-impedance spekaer from Radio Shack as a
replacement in a MS-4. It has been on the shelf for a number of years. But with
a growing number of Drake receivers in the collection, I needed a third MS-4.
So, I pulled the speaker off the shelf and was immediately horrified at the
sound. The voice coil was not rubbing but it is definitely not on par with the
other two MS-4s with original speakers.

In a past posting, there was mention of a Collins 5" x 7" replacement
speaker sold by Surplus Sales of Nebraska. It's a bit on the expensive
side ($26) but if it sounds good, it is worth it. Has anyone gone this route to
a replacement for the Drake unit? How does it sound and perform?

Thank you in advance.

73,

Bob K9JU