Aaron,
I notice that no one has really answered your question.  For my listening
enjoyment, I like the ranges 5.5 to 6.0, 6.0 to 6.5, 9.0 to 9.5, 9.5 to 10,
11.5 to 12, 15.0 to 15.5 and 17.5 to 18.  If that's tooooo many crystals, the
grouping around 9 to 12 megs in the evening brings the most international
broadcast in.  The 6 meg ones are becoming largely "shortwave evangelists",
both living and dead, hi.  Hope that helps!!  Old time shortwave listeners on
Drake gear have found a crystal frequency that gives like 5.7 or 5.8 to 500 kc
up from that and solved having to have two crystals in the 6 meg range.  If I
run across mine in a drawer, I'll let you know what they did.
73,
Don, WB5HAK