Thanks again, Garey - yeah I begin to wonder when a counter isn't at least
toggling the last digit :)  Great news, as I can finally get the R-4A back
together so it will be off the floor of the shack.

I was sort of drawing the same conclusion that in mixer service there wouldn't
be a lot of difference.  In fact, I put a used 6HS6 in there anyway, figuring
that performance could be degraded, and upon re-touching the trimmers last
night, there wasn't much change needed to peak the signals.

I did find another issue, but I'll save it for a separate post so folks can
find it in the archives easier.

73,

Steve, W1ES/4 in rainy NC.