Steve -

Cool, that makes all that filter stuff irrelevant. I'm about 97% CW, and only get on SSB when forced by circumstance... :-)

Now if it was a KWM-2, you'd have BIG problems..  !

Yes, as I said, _MANY_ of the earlier 4 Series radios got the "B" knob upgrade. But does it have the flat or dished skirt??

Other than the filters, the later transmitters have no 'technical' improvements, just ergonomics, until you get to the T-4XC with the 'shared' CO and 3rd LO for stable transceive.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Steve Wedge wrote:
Being a mostly CW operator, I'm not surprised at this.

I've been making an attempt at going back to SSB - which would be a grand movement for me from c. 1989 and even then, probably more since '85.

It's funny, but the T-4X that I got with the R-4B already had the B-series knob with it. Since I routinely don't run these rigs beyond 100W in either mode, I suppose all of the directives, etc. are probably meaningless to me.
I suppose that anything required beyond 100W with these rigs will require a
"helper" anyway.

I have that "helper" and it, too, will be online soon - to be called upon when
needed. :-)

Steve Wedge, W1ES/4

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Plato
Do be do be do. - Sinatra

All my computers have my signature with various pearls of wisdom appended
thereto.