I got my PTO back from Garey this morning and just put it back into the R-4A.
Initially, I panicked because I couldn't get any signals with it.  Turns out I
had the 11V line shorted to the output of the filter board.  The voltage was
down to about 7V and the PTO was running but the signal was offset about 7V.
These old plastic wires burn easily and the 11V line melted its way into the
coax centre conductor.

I was lucky nothing was damaged.

I've got the receiver on my operating table, listening to 20 CW and everything
sounds great!  I'll be polishing the knobs and putting it all back together
tonight.  It will sit at the "main" Drake position until R-4B #2 is done.

This is a great bunch of folks on here!

73,

Steve Wedge, W1ES/4

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Plato
Do be do be do. - Sinatra

All my computers have my signature with various pearls of wisdom appended
thereto.