Greetings from over the Pond, oddly I have had a R4C stored in a damp area, and
years later when I fired up it still works..though I have only run it short
periods. The 2nd R4C is rather deaf both with normal rx and with the xtal
calibrater..if its not the valve and I have both 6ej7 and the uk version EF 184
to replace it with. There doesn't seem any exccessive drift, so I wouldn't
think voltages are down.

 2nd subjest is about the TR7 are there any mods to change the agc speed to
something like fast attack with either fast or slow delay for the CW position
etc ..

 I saw a Mod for the TR 7 which involves cutting some pcb tracks for all band
tx option..it certainly would be great to operate on the 30 metre WARC band.
Any thoughts over this mod is it too risky ??

 I got my first R4C about 1978 it took all my college holidays working night
shifts, ten tec came along and I forgot just how good Drfake euipment is, hence
the recent purchase of the TR7 and A/C psu. I haven't the uers handbook fot the
TR7 but a service manual..now figured out what the up/down buttons are for.

 73 de ian G3YRQ..best bent wires to 1 and all..