Logging (sneaking) in from work, so excuse the lack of schematic (or the CD),
as I'm working from memory...

Setting the RF and INJ trimmers seems to be a bit of a pain, in that I can't
seem to get the transmit power out level to match what I get from the receiver.
 I have a good, factory INJ cable.  In fact, I'd think that the transmit levels
would be higher when the Xmitter is controlling the frequency.  I'm pretty sure
I checked the tubes, but before I go through that, is it normal for the levels
to be quite different?  I'm talking a differnce such that if I set the
transmitter for 20W out in XMIT position, when I use RCVR, I'll have 50 - 60W.
Receive signal strength is also lower when the transmitter controls.  Weak
premixer?

When checking the last parts where you're aligning the filter match, CAR BAL,
etc., I can't really get any increase from idle current in SSB just by keying
the PTT.  CAR BAL adjustment, as it's shown on P 16 of the original T-4X manual
- which is done in CW mode - aligns just fine.  I can see what amounts to
milliwatts of output when adjusting C2.  Is this normal?  I don't see any
significan output for me to try adjusting the transformers T2 & T3, so I've
wisely left them alone.  I'm thinking of working up a procedure that uses a
scope and signal generator, as most of us have much better lab equipment
nowadays than what was available to the typical ham in 1966.

73,

Steve, W1ES/4