The easiest way to determine which one is correct is that the MC4016 divider IC is a 16 pin part and the 4016 analog switch is a 14 pin part.

Mike W6MXV

----- Original Message ----- From: "David" <w...@cox.net>
To: <k4...@mindspring.com>; "'Curt Nixon'" <captc...@flash.net>
Cc: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2011 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] uvc divider board

So, the mc4016P is equivalent to the mc 14016P.  This is a 16 DIP plastic
case, divide by N from 0 to 9. The one that is bad is U 706 in the divider
board used as a counter, but there are several others of this type in the
circuit. If the 1 in front of the 4016 means cmos, I suppose they will work
in this circuit.  A UV3 gets hot (no fans, no heat sink) and I think the
heat just got to it.  The 14016 is listed in NTE and others and I will try
to get one locally. I will keep the list posted. Many thanks for the help.

It is interesting to read these threads and I imagine that all of this brain
power helps keep the list members sharp; all for a common Drake cause.
Thanks again.

Incidentally there are factories in China that sell these... Had several
emails within a few hours responding back to me. I guess they have active
mining software running all of the time.  Go figure.

David Assaf, III
W5XU