From: gypsym...@aol.com <gypsym...@aol.com>
Subject: [Drakelist] Drake L7 ?'s
To: Drakelist@zerobeat.net
Date: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 3:07 PM

Hello all,

Using an L7 which has seen very light use, does sit in a non
heated or ac'd atmosphere.
I do not have the manual home with me, nor the schematic.

The problem.  When used in the bypass mode ( not on ) I can get
reception, but tend to have the volume up on the tcvr..  When I key
the mic on the tcvr and then unkey the volume will drive you through a
wall.

This would seem to me to be contacts on the send / receive relay in the
L7.

So the questions.   Is the L7 send/receive relay an open frame or
sealed?  Has anyone else had a problem like this?  I am assuming a
standard part that is still available, does anyone have the part number
handy?
Thanks for the assistance.  Carl wd8nhk

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----