Jim -

I've found with a lot of the A's and B's that the calibrator does run out of
steam on the higher bands.  I haven't found one yet that gives over S-9 (or
even S-7) on 10.  I can't recall what the C-line was like.  Of course, the
calibrator works by outputting harmonics of 25 kHz and the higher you go, the
lower the strength.

Having said that, it does sound as if you have a problem in the receiver.  It
is more than the RF amplifier that can reduce received signal strength - low
output of mixers can also degrade the signal strength.  The major mixer in the
receiver that has an effect on the transmitter is the "pre-mixer" V8 (6HS6).
I've seen these tubes go soft.  Try swapping with V2 to see if there's a
difference.  You can also try swapping with V8 in the transmitter.  Be sure you
keep track of which tube was where!

If you don't see any difference, you'll have to break out a scope and start
looking at signal levels.  The 10m oscillator output shouldn't be radically
different from the others.  I'm forgetting what the voltage levels should be
from the band oscillator and premixer, but I'm sure someone else will check-in
with those values.

Good luck & 73...

Steve Wedge, W1ES/4

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Plato
Do be do be do. - Sinatra

All my computers have my signature with various pearls of wisdom appended
thereto.