From: "Garey Barrell" <k4...@mindspring.com>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 10:01 PM
To: "Steve Wedge" <w1es1...@earthlink.net>
Cc: "Drake List" <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] I was gambling in Havana...

Steve -

Nothing special. Same PTO. Think of a solid-state R-4B with a bunch of extra crystal positions. The IF filter is fixed, like the 2-C, no passband tuning.

The only 4 Line product with service information! PC board layouts with components keyed to a parts list. ?? Sound familiar?? :-)

If you can find or build a 'TA-4', it will even transceive with the T-4X(any)!

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Steve Wedge wrote:
...I took a little risk...
I just bought an SPR-4 off Fleabay that has the PTO and AGC boards removed - the PO says to help him troubleshoot another one. The cosmetic condition of the set is such that I took the risk buying it. Are there any unusual pitfalls with the PTO from this set relative to the normal 4's?
Or should I send lawyers, guns and money?
73,
Steve Wedge, W1ES/4
I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand.
All my computers have my signature with various pearls of wisdom appended thereto.