Recently I purchased an R4B and T4XB from an estate sale as did several others
who subscribe to this list. Both the R4B and more significantly the T4XB
required a lot of work before they were air worthy. My two radios were from a
lot of 9 that were customized and used extensively on CW. Some of the
modifications were at best bizarre. One significant repair to the T4XB was to
install a new TR Relay which is a plug in type unit that were later specified
and used on the later TR-4's and T4XC's. This relay has a different coil
voltage and is physically smaller than the typical ice cube relays or original
OEM relay.

I have created a webpage to document how I adapted this plug in style relay to
the T4XB. Others who may be faced with replacing their OEM wired in relay may
find this useful.

The webpage is located on my website here:
http://www.jessystems.com/R4B-T4XB.html

While we are at it I am looking for a standard 40M (18.1 MHz) crystal for the
T4XB.

73's
Pete N6QW