On 2011-11-30, at 3:13 PM, Paul Gerhardt wrote:

> The fan test is interesting I have thought about putting a fan
> on but never have.  If I do it would be nice to have a nice quiet fan.
> Is there an advantage to a DC fan?  It seems a AC fan might be easier
> to wire up?

Hi Paul,

I used whatever it was that I happened to have on hand at the time,
specifically, a small 12 VDC cooling fan that I think was extricated from a
junked desk top computer...

I power it with a wall wart DC power supply, and it's really unobtrusive in
terms of noise.

Mine is simply bolted on the top half of the T-4X enclosure, directly above the
"cage" housing the final PA tubes. Mine blows the hot air OUT of the T-4X,
rather than blowing outside cooling air into it.

For the amount of work & $$$ expended in incorporating it---and keeping in mind
the benefits by doing so---I think that the addition of a cooling fan is a
"...must have", rather than a "...nice to have" feature...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ