Hi Steve,
I would probably just go to the local hardware store and pick out a spring that is a bit on the loose (less tension) side and clip a couple of turns at a time off of it until it was the proper tension. Then just bend down the last loop and hook it. I was a field service tech for Eastman Kodak years ago and we routinely lost springs while trying to get them hooked in place in some pretty tight spots down in the middle of a machine. You quickly become a spring expert if you want to keep your machines running.

Bob  K6GGO
Going to have to try this route first.  There is a spring vendor online, but at
seven bucks apiece plus shipping, I'll use them as a last resort.

The spring currently on this receiver looks like it would fit on a Holley 650
;-)

TNX / 73,

Steve, W1ES/4