I recently acquired a very nice TR7 and found it completely  dead.   I
checked the usual suspects (PIN diodes in the TR switch) but  nothing amiss
there.  More poking around and it looks like the power supply  line may be
shorted.  My Service Manual shows a diode CR1 across the + 12  volt line (I
guess
this is reverse polarity protection) but save for the block  diagram in the
manual I cannot find another reference to this diode and wonder  where in
the heck it is?  Any body ever seen the darn thing?

THanks
Steve KD2ED