Lee,
I'm really not understanding your posts I have seen on several venues today.
There's not really a coorelation between the HC-6/U crystal and the FT-243,
unless my old memory is worse than I think.  Aren't those two separate types of
crystals, different spacing, different pin size, etc???

As far as HC-6/U's go, you can buy them from International Crystal, in Oklahoma
City for around $20 per crystal and know that they meet or exceed the original
specs that Drake, Collins, etc used when these rigs were new.  Why go to all
the trouble of ordering overseas??

Now, if Vincent makes FT-243 type crystals, or HC-6/U types with FT-243 sized
pins, then I DO understand and would be interested.  I miss being able to buy
C-W crystals since they went out of business.
73,
Don, WB5HAK