Nope

The TR-7 is ALL new. The R-4/T-4 meters are all the same basic movement. The S-Meter is the same from the 2-A through the R-4B. The PLATE meter is the same movement, but the early scale was 0-400 mA and the later ones, (early to mid T4-XB,) changed to 0-500 mA. The TC-2 meter is 0-400 mA and the TC-6 is 0-600 mA.

They all 'can' be opened and scales changed, but with a fairly high failure
rate in the process.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Steve Wedge wrote:
Folks -

I see lots of TR-7 parts floating around the auction sites - including the S-meter.  Are
the "guts" of the TR-7 meter compatible with the 4-Twins?

I'm just thinking ahead, in case I every have another close call where the
meter doesn't survive!

73,

Steve, W1ES/4