Curt -

The 4 Line receivers have Ground - 6V - 12V. So one 12V line is grounded. The R-4C has only 6 VAC filaments.

The transmitters and TR-(any) have only a single 12 VAC filament supply. Be careful where you get the voltage here, as there are several series string arrangements to power 6 VAC tubes.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Curt wrote:
BE VERY CAREFUL....In many (most?) of the 4 line, the 12V filament circuit has its center tap grounded so the 6v filaments work from each half of the 12V winding to ground.

If you ground either side of the 12V line to the RCA jack, you short out half of the 12V...with luck, you blow the filament fuse..no luck and you smoke something else. If you use the 12V filaments to run a rectifier ( I use a bridge device) DO NOT ground either side of the DC output,

FYI

Curt
KU8L