It looks like I'll be doing some quick comparisons with the CD this weekend.
The previous owner was sort of known for doing odd changes to the AGC circuit,
so I'm still thinking that I've missed a change in a grid resistor somewhere.

It's interesting that I can juuuuusssssstttt get it to 40-over-9 with the AGC
at -15V, but continuing the RF GAIN to full CCW doesn't really advance the
meter any more than that - even though the voltage continues to go more
negative.

Looks like I've got to go through every resistor in the bridge first.

73,

Steve, W1ES/4