From: Ron
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:40 AM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net ; Peter Ravn
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] T4XB audio

      Peter,
      Does it happen in both sidebands?  If so, I would try a different mic
first.  See if you can borrow as opposed to buy a different mic.

      I never had good audio reports (distorted, tinny, etc) on my B twins or
the TR7 until I found the right mic for my voice. I must have bought, tried and
sold 20 or so different mics.  BTW my final mic cost me about $5.  I built it
out of PVC pipe and an electret mic recovered from an old trimline phone.
Cheapest and best mic I've ever owned.

      73,
      Ron WD8SBB