Greg -

Sounds like you might have a bad tube. Possibly an open (or greatly increased value) Cathode resistor (15 ohm, 1W) on one tube.

Measure DC voltage across each one in PTT (idle current), each should have about one half volt (0.5) across it for 15 ohms.

Possible weak Driver tube, Check R40 for value and condition.

If not, then further voltage measurements are in order.

You should get 200W output on 80 / 40 Meters, decreasing to 150W on 10M.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Greg Hemmings N4WVE wrote:
I replaced my 6JB6 tubes and followed the manual instructions for alignment. TX gain is just left of 12:00 at full power and plate amp is just past .3. The bias is set at .1 . Seems like (from what I have heard) it should be more like 180 watts. Any ideas?