I am looking for an alternate to the TR relay in my TR-7 and wonder if anyone
has suggested substitutes. As best as I can tell the OEM part was supplied by
Varley and the P/N is a VP4CAB/12 V185.

The Varleys are made in the UK. I believe this relay is a General Purpose type
relay classed as 4 Changeovers, DIN21, USA "C". I could tell exactly but I
think the contacts maybe 5 amps or less.

That said I did look at the P&B relays and RF Parts sells the R10E1W4V185 for
about $20. The contact arrangement is the same, the coil resistance is the same
(185 Ohms) and the relay contacts at 7.5 amps should  handle 150 watts.

The mating socket is the 27E126 available from Mouser as is the hold down
spring which is the 20C250. This is the same socket and spring that are used
for the substitute T4XB plug in TR Relay.

So am I off in the weeds with the P&B substitute and has someone identified an
exact sub for the Varley relay.

73's
Pete N6QW