Jim Shorney wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 13:08:15 -0500, Garey Barrell wrote:

A half mA shouldn't be a problem, those lines
are 'fused' very closely, but they should survive that!  :-)

That's actually funny, because years ago I first heard tech calling transistors
"three-legged fuses".

A corollary to Murphy's Law is "The transistor will always blow to protect the
fuse".

Oh yeah, that's been a LONG time ago.. :-)   Best description we had at the
time......

I was working on 400 MHz power amplifiers in the early 60's, and both _very_ accurate. One of the engineers I worked with came into my office one day and said, "You know what, you can SEE a little blue flash through the ceramic cap" on the power transistors we were 'attempting' to use. Of course every time one went out it magnetized the ferrite core(s) in the matching network so that was just one more step to get back where we were before we got like we were then! :-)

Made it though, 40W output w/ 2W input at 4xx.   (Command Destruct frequency,
so classified.)

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs