Hello everyone -

I have a recently refurbished TR4CW/RIT that is acting a bit strange -
I notice when it goes from transmit to receive, the audio is often
"down" and then it will eventually "pop" back up to a normal noise
level.  When the received noise is down in the attenuated state, the S
meter is at S-5 exactly like you adjusted the RF Gain back down to
make it such that you would have to have an S-5 signal to be audible.

When the audio level pops back to normal, the S meter drops back down
to close to -0- and the noise level comes back up like it should.

If the station being worked has a signal above S-5 it is not problem
and in fact the background noise is much lower - but for the weaker
stations you would not be able to likely hear them.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thank you,

Michael, NZ4D