Hi,
I use water bsed artist's acrylic paint to fill the engraved lettering on panels, or groove on knobs/ I use a flexible thin pc of neoprene or similar as a squeegee. The paint is about the consistency of ketchup. Wipe with a fairly hard, damp, cloth after it's dried a short time, not too long, practice makes perfect. Easy cleanoff & redo as it's water based. You can see some results on some of the SP-600's I've done, somewhere one of them has some details. <http://www.boatanchors.org/sp600.htm>
73,

Al, W8UT
www.boatanchors.org
www.hammarlund.info

"There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much
worth doing as simply messing about in boats"
Ratty, to Mole