From: "Kai Nilakari" <kai.nilak...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:34 PM
To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Subject: [Drakelist] Some advice needed with R4-A

Hi

I own a second-hand R4-A which I seldom use with its pair T4-XB.
Being unused for some time I noticed that the R4-A lacks sensitivity on 20 metres. Perhaps on 15, too.

I used the calibrator as reference to make sure that the rx is not completely dead. The calibrator makes the s-meter deflect to say, about three or four S-units, on 80 m it is well above S9.

Another rig, FT-920 picks up signals equally well on 80 m band but beats Drake on 20 m. Drake doesn't hear anything except the calibrator.

I went thru the ganged wafer switches with a cotton swab and DeOxit (red fluid). No go. I also replaced the rf amp valve, the one with spring loaded shield on it with no luck.

Please help me if you can. I simply love my Drake line and won't give up.

Kai Nilakari
OH3WE
Lahti, Finland