From: "Garey Barrell" <k4...@mindspring.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:22 PM
To: "Steve Wedge" <w1es1...@earthlink.net>
Cc: "Drake List" <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] Changing B-Line sidetone

Why not just replace C1 and correct the offset??

C1 needs to move the CO up about 800 Hz to put it within the passband of the LSB, anywhere from about 800 to 2000 will work.

The frequency of the SIDETONE has nothing to do with the offset. It should be about 800 Hz, to approximate the frequency offset in CW, but this frequency is set by the phase shift network at V9a. This same tone is also used for the TUNE function so must be in the range of 350 - 2400 Hz.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Steve Wedge wrote:
I know this has been gone over before, but my B-Twins seem to be out of kilter: the usual assumption is the offset is 800 Hz, but my set seems to be off by over a kHz (the offset seems to be about 1.8 kHz). I know there are three r/c combos in the T-4X. Has anyone ever changed these successfully?