I use IRC every day so it comes naturally.

73 de W3NU

On 4/22/2012 1824, Richard Knoppow wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thom LaCosta" <k3...@zerobeat.net>
To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:34 PM
Subject: [Drakelist] New IRC Channel

Just a reminder, there is an IRC channel for drake users at freenode.net.

IRC offers real time text communication between users, so it is convenient for immediate questions, dx announcements, etc.
Unlike the forum and mailing list...the information is temporal.

I'm hoping list members will try it....otherwise its like everyone listening on a band....if no one transmits, the band is dead.

Information on the IRC chat is located at http://zerobeat.net/drakelist/drakechat.html There is a convenient link to a web client
if you do not have an IRC client.

If you use IRC, simply log into freenode.net and /join #drakelist

Hope to see you there.

73,
Thom k3hrn

I just tried this. You have to jump to another site to get to the IRC web client but it seems to work. Its been so long since I've used IRC that I don't remember any of the commands so I stayed only a couple of minutes. But, the thing works and I will try it again:-)

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles